Wednesday 12 July 2017

Hi ! How are you today? I hope you're doing well. Today I want to post something about Edgar Allan Poe. Do you know who was he?

Well, if not....

Edgar Allan Poe(born in January 19th,1809, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S- died in October 7th, 1849, Baltimore, Maryland), was an American short-story writer, poet and editor who is famous for his cultivation of mistery. His tales introduced the modern detective stories and the horror atmosphere.
He was an extraordinary writer of the 19th century. Besides, he is considered to be the master of horror writing.

I think he wrote incredible horror stories. I remember when I read one of his stories: "The Black Cat", I loved it! In fact, I love everything related to horror but while reading the story, I also loved the way in which he narrated it. I can assure you that if you start reading one of his short stories, then, you will not be able to stop until you have finished it. His stories are really page-turner.

Have you read any of his stories? If not...I have found a fantastic page in which you will find his works. Here goes the link:

https://poestories.com/biography.php


                                       Resultado de imagen para edgar allan poe

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Celes! I also loved The Black Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Edgar Allan Poe!! I remember my father lent me a book of horror short stories when I was about ten years old...and I could not put it down!!
    In fact, for our assessment project of the second part of the year, the idea is to start reading some stories... and one of them will be by EAP :-)
    (check the tenses in the post...you mixed them up. If you don't realize where the mistakes are, print the entry and take it to our first class after the Winter Break)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have checked the tenses miss. I think that it is ok now. Anyway, I am going to print it and take it tomorrow. Thanks :)

      Delete